New Kindergarten Registration
Registration for all new kindergarteners, for the 2019-2020 school year, will be on Wednesday, February 6, 2019 from 9:00-11:00am and 5:00-7:00pm, at your neighborhood school. If your child turns 5 years old on or before September 1, 2019 and your family is new to District 54 please read what you need to do to register for kindergarten.
- Families new to District 54 should go to http://sd54.org/registration to begin your registration before February 6th. Print the confirmation you receive and bring it to your neighborhood school on February 6th.
Current District 54 families, with new kindergarteners, need to register through their Parent Portal account.
- Along with the printed confirmation, you will need to bring your student’s original birth certificate (no copies) showing the student was born on or before September 1, 2014 (State of Illinois regulation).
- Families new to District 54 must provide proof of residency on February 6, 2019. All documents provided must be current, valid for 2019-2020, and reflect name and addresses within the boundaries of District 54. Below are items that are needed to prove residency:
At least one of the following documents:
- The most recent real estate tax bill for residency showing owner as the taxpayer, or a signed lease for the residence including a beginning and end date, or a closing statement for the purchase of the residence.
And at least two of the following documents:
- Illinois driver’s license, gas, water, electric, internet, television, telephone bill or letter confirming service connection, public assistance documentation, voter registration card, home or vehicle insurance certificate, Illinois automobile registration, or receipt for local city vehicle sticker where applicable.
If you have registration questions, please contact the Campanelli office!